Have you or some one you know ever worked really hard to achieve a certain financial goal and ended up feeling a lot more unhappy than before, after the goal was achieved?
Have you also known of people who appear to have a great life, always enjoying things and activities, without having to exert themselves to get there?
A great Stoic once said:
“He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.” – Epictetus
This does not imply that we should not want more, in terms of material comfort, relationships, skills, etc. What it means is:
We should remember to enjoy and appreciate what we already have.
This is of course a lot easier said than done. Many of us, when we look at what we already have access to, immediately think of what else we want. The reason this is happening is actually very simple.
Most of the time, the “stuff” we have access to is not inline with what matters the most to us, as human beings. We end up accumulating things and other resources for no good reason, other than peer pressure and social status demands.
The Vedic system refers to the resources as artha and to what matters the most to us as human beings, as dharma. Dharma and artha constitute two of the four pillars of a good life.
Our new podcast episode coming out this Thursday gives you the blueprint on how to truly become wealthy. We are discussing some hot topics including:
- Dharma and Artha are not static, they could be changing as you are listening to this episode
- Artha’s third aspect, the game of wealth
- Thou Shall Prosper: Ten Commandments for Making Money by Rabbi Daniel Lapin: https://amzn.to/2KVWciD
- It is your responsibility to be wealthy
- The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure by Grant Cardone: https://amzn.to/2WHdceJ
- Stagnation leads to disease, no matter how you look at it
- How do you pronounce this word? Scarcity
- I can think, I can fast, I can wait – Buddha
- The book Tim and Vie talk about is called Siddhartha: by Hermann Hesse: https://amzn.to/2XIR5pf
- Every time you are doubting yourself you stop the flow of energy
- Do you see value in yourself and others?
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne: https://amzn.to/31z2Uk6
- The Master Key System by Charles Haanel: https://amzn.to/2IDKcPJ
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill: https://amzn.to/2F80QGq
- The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles: https://amzn.to/2Kgqyg4
- Fake it ’til you make it with every part of your being
For those of you who have not already subscribed to the Spartan Mind Strength Podcast: Our podcast is not for every one. But if you want to create a good life, worth living, you can find us on all major platforms, including iHeartRADIO, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, and Spotify.
For those of you who have already subscribed to the Spartan Mind Strength Podcast: Help us out by giving us a great rating and review.
You might also enjoy
Learn Ayurveda Online here: https://squareup.com/store/training-courses
Come meet us! https://spartanmindstrength.com/events/
Train With Us!