Henry David Thoreau once said that wealth is the ability to fully experience life. I love this quote! It can be interpreted in several different ways, and yet it is true in each and every way.
Often when people think of wealth or when they discuss the concept of wealth, they are hesitant to address the concept of money.
The following is a 44-second Sound Byte from Episode 039 (The Four Pillars of A Good Life – Part V – Stoicism & The Vedas) discussing wealth in genaral and money in particular.
WEBVTT Kind: captions Language: en 00:00:00.030 --> 00:00:06.210 So this game of wealth and prosperity is going to feed our artha is going to 00:00:06.210 --> 00:00:10.320 feed our Dharma and it's going to feed it differently because depending on what 00:00:10.320 --> 00:00:15.269 our Dharma is we might need more money we might need less we might need to save 00:00:15.269 --> 00:00:20.100 our money for a different time we might need to not save it and do something 00:00:20.100 --> 00:00:24.750 else with it so there's a lot of things that we can look at is feeding our 00:00:24.750 --> 00:00:29.550 Dharma when it comes to wealth and prosperity now to begin with I want to 00:00:29.550 --> 00:00:36.210 say that wealth and prosperity can be a lot of different things so a lot of 00:00:36.210 --> 00:00:41.219 different things it's friendship it's all these but for this purpose I want to 00:00:41.219 --> 00:00:44.059 say it's money
Even though the concept of money makes people uncomfortable, there are myriads of tips out there on how to acquire more money or more wealth in your life. Anything from saving money by preparing your own lunch to inspirational hustle storytelling.
But nothing is going to get us anywhere new, unless we follow Joseph Campbell’s advice to let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the life that is waiting for us.
The following is a 38-second Sound Byte from Episode 039 (The Four Pillars of A Good Life – Part V – Stoicism & The Vedas) discussing the concept of fake it ’til you make it.
WEBVTT Kind: captions Language: en WEBVTT Kind: captions Language: en 00:00:00.000 --> 00:00:04.740 Now what do you think about some of the other concepts that I've read before and 00:00:04.740 --> 00:00:10.200 I actually really like them is you want to do little things that will make you 00:00:10.200 --> 00:00:13.290 feel wealthy -- yes -- you know like tip a little a dollar more 00:00:13.290 --> 00:00:20.010 -- yes -- do things that will make people smile -- yes -- and yeah it's gonna cost you a 00:00:20.010 --> 00:00:24.359 little bit but it really doesn't cost you like going out for a cup of coffee 00:00:24.359 --> 00:00:29.699 instead of saving three dollars -- exactly -- going out and spending some time 00:00:29.699 --> 00:00:36.329 -- exactly -- and so instead of saving 300 dollars a year by not going to a coffee 00:00:36.329 --> 00:00:42.050 shop you're spending that to become wealthier
Learn more about the Four Vedic Pillars for a Good Liife on our podcast Episode 039 coming out tomorrow. We are discussing some hot topics including:
- Dharma and Artha are not static, they could be changing as you are listening to this episode
- Artha’s third aspect, the game of wealth
- Thou Shall Prosper: Ten Commandments for Making Money by Rabbi Daniel Lapin: https://amzn.to/2KVWciD
- It is your responsibility to be wealthy
- The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure by Grant Cardone: https://amzn.to/2WHdceJ
- Stagnation leads to disease, no matter how you look at it
- How do you pronounce this word? Scarcity
- I can think, I can fast, I can wait – Buddha
- The book Tim and Vie talk about is called Siddhartha: by Hermann Hesse: https://amzn.to/2XIR5pf
- Every time you are doubting yourself you stop the flow of energy
- Do you see value in yourself and others?
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne: https://amzn.to/31z2Uk6
- The Master Key System by Charles Haanel: https://amzn.to/2IDKcPJ
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill: https://amzn.to/2F80QGq
- The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles: https://amzn.to/2Kgqyg4
- Fake it ’til you make it with every part of your being
For those of you who have not already subscribed to the Spartan Mind Strength Podcast: Our podcast is not for every one. But if you want to create a good life, worth living, you can find us on all major platforms, including iHeartRADIO, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, and Spotify.
For those of you who have already subscribed to the Spartan Mind Strength Podcast: Help us out by giving us a great rating and review.
You might also enjoy
Learn Ayurveda Online here: https://squareup.com/store/training-courses
Come meet us! https://spartanmindstrength.com/events/
Train With Us!