Have you or somebody you know ever said “I do not feel like myself”? Well, guess what? It is because at that time you were NOT yourself. I know, I know, this is probably going to sound like superstitious crap or alien poop. And in all reality, it is “alien poop”. 🙂
It turns out that we share our bodies, and hence our moods and behaviors with some foreign guys. They are our gut bacteria or microbes. They are trillions of them (the exact number keeps changing based on different sources of evidence) collectively referred to as our gut microbiome.
They affect everything we do, from our digestion and elimination, to our immune system, our cognitive ability, our ability to respond to stress, and even our ability to feel compassion.
Until recently scientists believed that there were ten times more microbes in our body than human cells. But new evidence suggests that the ratio is closer to one to one.
Not all of those guys are good guys. And we do not all share the same alien profile.
However, there are a lot of the same practices we can all do to help our good alien roommates thrive (over the bad guys) so that they, in turn, can help us thrive.
The following is a 24-second Sound Bite from Episode 045, where we discuss the relationship of our solar plexus to our gut brain and what you can do to strengthen your third chakra. Also, you do not want to miss Tim’s singing! 🙂
WEBVTT Kind: captions Language: en 00:00:00.160 --> 00:00:13.389 the solar plexus is all about our gut bacteria and we have millions of foreign bacteria in 00:00:13.389 --> 00:00:20.790 there actually most of them are not human -- yeah they are aliens -- and a lot of them 00:00:20.790 --> 00:00:23.599 are good a lot of them may not be good
- The third chakra (aka solar plexus chakra) is called manipura in Sanskrit, pronounced manipuura
- Manipuura translates to “city of gems or precious stones”
- Tim is singing “Mony Mony” by Billy Idol https://youtu.be/IAmgTNATJkk
- The third chakra is about courage and will power, NOT about power
- The “city of precious stones” can also refer to your precious gut bacteria, your second brain
- Interesting research article on Dementia and Gut Bacteria: https://www.alzheimers.net/dementia-and-gut-bacteria-new-research-shows-link/
- Interesting research article on Parkinson’s and Gut Bacteria: https://www.sciencealert.com/new-evidence-suggests-parkinson-s-might-start-in-the-gut-before-spreading-to-the-brain
- The third chakra, when balanced, is about having courage in your convictions
- The third chakra when out of balance causes anger and extreme competitive behavior
- Electric stimulation of the vagus nerve helps our moods: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-athletes-way/201607/vagus-nerve-stimulation-dramatically-reduces-inflammation
- There is a lot more information being sent from the enteric brain to the cognitive brain than the other way around: https://www.physiology.org/doi/full/10.1152/ajpgi.00249.2002
- The quality of information we provide to our cognitive brain through our food directly affects our courage and will power: https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/blog/diagnosis-diet/201906/parkinsons-alzheimers-and-the-new-science-hope
- The third chakra’s basic function is digestion and transformation of food, emotions and thoughts
- The Breath of Power (aka kapalabhati breathing) is a great way to strengthen your third chakra. Learn how to do it properly by purchasing this course: https://squareup.com/store/training-courses/item/teacher-training-the-kapalabhati-breathwork?square_lead=item_embed
- The Alternate Nostril Breathing can be found here: https://squareup.com/store/training-courses/item/teacher-training-the-alternate-nostril-breathing
- Good dark chocolate, 72% Tanzania Dark Chocolate Bar: http://grasslandbeef.com/72-tanzania-dark-chocolate-bar?affId=213910 and Red Raspberry Dark Chocolate Bar: https://grasslandbeef.com/red-rasberry-dark-chocolate-bar?affId=213910
- Good coffee, the Strong Coffee Latte. Use the TIMANDVIE coupon code and save 10%: https://strongcoffeecompany.com/collections/multi-serve/products/latte-multi-serve?ref=wxsczblxlmk
- Whisky is rich in antioxidants, particularly one known as ellagic acid: https://youtu.be/S3JKbUgjJDY
- In 2018, Britain’s oldest lady, at 112 years old, attributed her long life.to her decades-long practice of having a glass of single malt whisky every night before bed: https://youtu.be/wKjXoSckzbQ
- There is a major difference between prebiotic and probiotic foods
- The weird spice that Vie is talking about is asafoetida or hing and can be found here: https://amzn.to/2K8rLF1
- The bija mantra for the third chakra is ram, pronounced rum
- The color is light yellow, almost golden
- The crystals are: real citrine, yellow topaz, yellow sapphire, pyrite, honeycomb calcite
- Electronic Gem Therapy is the brain-child of Dr Jon Whale. Download his book for free: http://www.whalemedical.com/NakedSpiritUKV2.pdf?fbclid=IwAR2fUrjGD5mmNHGrmCOSa6l1XRQIlByWIRHmL5FnvKnJ-kE-QsRRbH
- The element is Fire, the planet is Mars and the day of the week is Tuesday
- Tim’s world revolves around good coffee, good alcohol, good cigars and good food 🙂
- Mental disorders such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s may be caused by inflammation: https://psychcentral.com/news/2017/08/28/curbing-inflammation-may-reduce-risk-of-alzheimers-parkinsons/125250.html
- The very first thought-forms are created in your gut, trust your gut!
For those of you who have not already subscribed to the Spartan Mind Strength Podcast: Our podcast is not for every one. But if you want to create a good life, worth living, you can find us on all major platforms, including iHeartRADIO, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, and Spotify.
For those of you who have already subscribed to the Spartan Mind Strength Podcast: Help us out by giving us a great rating and review and sharing it with every one you know and don’t know!
You might also enjoy
Ayurveda & Yoga Diplomas: https://squareup.com/store/training-courses
We would love to meet you! https://spartanmindstrength.com/events/
Train With Us!