How often have you or someone you know said? Wow! I did not see this coming! Regardless of whether we want to admit to it or not, we would have seen it coming had we paid more attention to the warning signs. Yes, we always have enough information to prepare us for what is about to happen, should we choose to pay attention.
The way we perceive our world is through our senses. The healthier our senses, the clearer our perception. The more conditioned our senses, the more obscure our perception.
This is why Ayurveda recommends to be honoring our senses. It is all about assisting our perception. It is more than a feeling.
Being able to see what lies beneath, that which others can’t see, and recognizing patterns, are all properties of the third eye chakra. Episode 048 is all about seeing!
We talk about everything from the location of the third eye chakra (no, it’s not the spot in between your eye brows), what you can do to strengthen it and most importantly how you can enjoy your sensible vices.
A 29-second Sound Bite on the simplest way to support your Third Eye Chakra
WEBVTT Kind: captions Language: en 00:00:00.030 --> 00:00:09.809 but if you do not put enough good fat in your diet in your brain you you are not 00:00:09.809 --> 00:00:16.590 getting anywhere and that's the foundation the good fat is is 00:00:16.590 --> 00:00:22.500 probably the most important nootropic -- I would think coffee is -- 00:00:22.580 --> 00:00:26.689 well coffee with butter in it - okay --
A 28-second Sound Bite on the physical aspect of the Third Eye.
WEBVTT Kind: captions Language: en 00:00:00.789 --> 00:00:07.119 our thalamus is a real structure you know you can cut somebody open and find their thalamus 00:00:07.119 --> 00:00:19.250 -- can we do that this afternoon -- and and science keeps showing how the thalamus is associated 00:00:19.250 --> 00:00:30.000 with our consciousness I mean scientists refer to the thalamus as our consciousness
- Tim is singing, More Than A feeling by Boston: https://youtu.be/SSR6ZzjDZ94
- Addictive Wellness has a really cool logo, a unicorn: https://www.addictivewellness.com/?aff=64
- The third eye is all about unicorns and perception 🙂
- The third eye is called Ajna in Sanskrit, pronounced aajna
- Aajna means command, perception, as opposed to ajna which means ignorance
- The third eye is NOT to be taken literally as the spot in between our eye brows
- The third eye is our thalamus which according to science corresponds to our consciousness: https://www.britannica.com/science/thalamus/Association-nuclei
- Thalamus is a greek word which translates to “inner chamber”
Here is a link to what our thalamus looks like: https://spartanmindstrength.com/what-does-the-thalamus-do/
- The thalamus is a relay station for our sensory input and our motor signals
- The way we perceive our environment is through our senses
- A story about Ganesha
- Mushika is Ganesha’s rat
- Honor your senses but do NOT overindulge in them
- An Ayurvedic Sommelier is a steward to all of your senses: https://spartanmindstrength.com/ayurvedic-sommeliers/
- Death is what gives us the ability to enjoy the human experience
- Think of the third eye as the fuel, oil, liquids, lubricants and the air in the tires of a vehicle
- Treat your body like a truck
- The episodes on nootropics, 024 and 025 can be found here: https://spartanmindstrength.libsyn.com/sms-0024-nootropics-aka-smart-drugs-aka-medhya-rasayana-part-1 and https://spartanmindstrength.libsyn.com/sms-025-nootropics-aka-smart-drugs-aka-medhya-rasayana-part-2
- Four Sigmatic (mushroom coffee) can be found here: http://www.us.foursigmatic.com/#_a_yogaenergyschool
- The MCT oil we use is: https://amzn.to/2TW9jTo
- LSD research in UK: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/190994/imperial-launches-worlds-first-centre-psychedelics/
- The Psychedelic Explorer’s Guide: https://amzn.to/2HiUR2C
- Good fat is the best nootropic
- Movement with proper breathing and awareness is the best form of exercise for the third eye
- Find your Spartan Yoga here: https://spartanmindstrength.com/online-continuing-education/
- The bija mantra is kshum
- The color is deep purple, the stone is amethyst and yes, it is a greek word
- The planet is the Moon and the day of the week is Monday
- The Matrix is a great illustration of the concept of the third eye: https://amzn.to/31Tq9EV
- Our PayPal account is here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=7FDYKCGSKL3NL&source=url
For those of you who have not already subscribed to the Spartan Mind Strength Podcast: Our podcast is not for every one. But if you want to create a good life, worth living, you can find us on all major platforms, including iHeartRADIO, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, and Spotify.
For those of you who have already subscribed to the Spartan Mind Strength Podcast: Help us out by giving us a great rating and review and sharing it with every one you know and don’t know!
You might also enjoy
YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/c/asktimandvie
Ayurveda & Yoga Diplomas: https://squareup.com/store/training-courses
We would love to meet you! https://spartanmindstrength.com/events/