Mark Twain said that whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect). This is indeed how some of the greatest scientific breakthroughs of all times actually happened. By great thinkers who dared to pause and reflect.
When it comes to our health, one of our most valuable resources, we seem to be blindly believing the “majority” instead of listening to the intuition of the most interested party, ourselves.
The following is a 40-second Sound Bite from Episode 038 (The Four Pillars of A Good Life – Part IV – Stoicism & The Vedas) discussing genetics and health.
WEBVTT Kind: captions Language: en 00:00:00.030 --> 00:00:06.150 There is genetics but not to the extent that we think there is all we have to do 00:00:06.150 --> 00:00:12.840 is study a little bit more gain a little bit more knowledge and start applying it 00:00:12.840 --> 00:00:18.630 on ourselves -- so it's not just listen to somebody you should study it learn it -- you should 00:00:18.630 --> 00:00:26.609 always you should always study learn and in terms of Health apply it on yourself 00:00:26.609 --> 00:00:33.180 consider the source -- yes and you like using the term N equals one --- yes -- which is 00:00:33.180 --> 00:00:39.210 some geek math thing but I'll let you go -- do the experiment where the sample size 00:00:39.210 --> 00:00:45.200 is one and you are the sample
There is an infinite number of resources when it comes to life. And we can get pretty confused, even lost trying to acquire some of them. However, ancient wisdom says that there are only three that really matter.
The following is a 37-second Sound Bite from Episode 038 (The Four Pillars of A Good Life – Part IV – Stoicism & The Vedas) discussing genetics and health.
WEBVTT Kind: captions Language: en WEBVTT Kind: captions Language: en 00:00:00.000 --> 00:00:05.069 Artha or the games of life there's three major ones -- yes -- and the first one we've 00:00:05.069 --> 00:00:09.840 already talked about is relationship -- yeah -- and if you have a good relationship 00:00:09.840 --> 00:00:15.839 or a dynamic balance -- relationship -- with a lot of things you're gonna be able to 00:00:15.839 --> 00:00:19.949 feed your Dharma a lot easier -- absolutely -- 00:00:19.949 --> 00:00:30.210 and so the number two game of life is health -- yes -- so if you have good 00:00:30.210 --> 00:00:37.940 relationship and good health it's -- you're doing pretty good
Learn more about the Four Vedic Pillars for a Good Liife on our podcast Episode 038 that came out today. We are discussing some hot topics including:
- Why is Artha so important
- Artha as a game of life (as unknowingly described by Dr Kirk Parsley, the Sleep Doctor: http://www.docparsley.com/)
- The first aspect of Artha that we discussed on Episode 037 is the game of relationships: https://spartanmindstrength.libsyn.com/sms-037-a-blueprint-for-a-good-life-part-iii
- The second aspect of Artha is the game of health
- The definition of good health is personal, contemporary and relative
- You can shape your dharma around your health
- Epigenetics: Your genetics are not set in stone
- Always consider the source of your information
- N = 1
- What we did not like about Paleo f(x) – Episode 034: https://spartanmindstrength.libsyn.com/sms-034-paleo-ayurveda-at-the-paleo-fx-part-ii
- Is there such a thing as addiction to health?
- The victim mentality in terms of health
- Are you impeding other people’s dharma?
- Are you a hero?
- The Natural Born Heroes by Christopher McDougall: https://amzn.to/2Wt3hsI
For those of you who have not already subscribed to the Spartan Mind Strength Podcast: Our podcast is not for every one. But if you want to create a good life, worth living, you can find us on all major platforms, including iHeartRADIO, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, and Spotify.
For those of you who have already subscribed to the Spartan Mind Strength Podcast: Help us out by giving us a great rating and review.
You might also enjoy
Learn Ayurveda Online here: https://squareup.com/store/training-courses
Come meet us! https://spartanmindstrength.com/events/
Train With Us!
[email-subscribers namefield=”” desc=”Sign up for a first crack at videos, articles and special events!” group=”Public”]