- If you do not drink, this does not give you permission to start.
- If you have even a single sip of alcohol, please, do not drive!
This is for those of you who enjoy drinking for personal, business, social or recreational reasons. There is a way to do it, a process that will help you make the best of it.
Here we go!
First off, let’s establish the ground work. You never want to drink to get out of a certain emotional state. Drinking to escape, is wrong, no matter what tradition, medical or philosophical system you follow. If you are going to drink, it is to celebrate, to bond, to savor the situation.
Do not drink if you are hungry or thirsty!
Ayurveda says that alcohol aggravates the Vata and Pitta bio-energies. In order to counteract their negative side effects, you need to safely raise the Kapha bio-energy.
In plain English, you want to add foods that will:
- Protect the lining of your gut.
- Assist your liver.
- Slow down the alcohol absorption into your bloodstream.
- Prevent dehydration.
- Keep your minerals from being depleted.
- Prevent you from feeling bloated.
- And keep you from getting drunk while still allowing you to develop a “pleasant buzz” that lasts.
Some things you can do before an evening of alcohol…
- Sip green tea (not black tea) with lemon throughout the day.
- Eat really good fats, such as avocados (they also have potassium), salmon, eggs, chicken, olive oil, coconut oil, olives, nuts and seeds (give you some B-vitamins) along with vegetables and/or salad.
- Add some turmeric and/or cinnamon to your food.
- Avoid gluten and starch.
Some things you can do during the evening of alcohol…
- Have a glass of water for every shot of alcohol.
- Avoid the bar food, unless you can get something like the foods mentioned above.
- Opt for clean, high-end alcohol without any fruit juices or other type of sugar added in.
The two types of cleanest alcohol we have found that will give you a long lasting “buzz” without the hangover effect are Absinthe and the NorCal Margarita created by Robb Wolf. A major added bonus of both, is that you do not need more than 1 serving so it makes them highly efficient.
All the details for absinthe can be found on this quick video below.
The NorCal Margarita involves about 2 shots of good tequila (100% Blue Agave), the juice of a lime and club soda (not seltzer water.)
Some things you can do after the evening of alcohol…
- If you feel hungry have some good clean protein.
- Drink plenty of water with some fresh lemon and sea salt or himalayan rock salt in it.
- Have some bulletproof upgraded coconut charcoal, or burned toast crumbs in full-fat plain yogurt.
- Take some Bulletproof Upgraded Glutathione Force and/or Bulletproof Upgraded Unfair Advantage.
- Have some ginger and lemon tea.
- Have about a teaspoon of Bragg’s Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar in a glass of water.
Most important, enjoy every moment of it!!
Below, you can watch our Ayurvedic Hack For Drinking on YouTube (Periscope broadcast).
Thank you for reading and sharing! To learn more, check out one of our upcoming courses at AskTimAndVie.com.
Train With Us!
[email-subscribers namefield=”” desc=”Our Blog” group=”Public”]